Infosys Placement Papers 5
1. A person needs 6 steps to cover a distance of one slab. If he increases his foot length (step length) by 3 inches he needs only 5 steps to cover the slabs length. What is the length of the each slab.
Ans: 31 inches.
2. There are 19 red balls and one black ball. Ten balls are put in one jar and the remaining 10 are put in another jar. What is the possibility that the black is in the right jar.
3. There is one lily in the pond on 1st June. There are
two in the pond on 2nd June . There are four on 3rd June and so on. The pond
is full with lilies by the end of the june.
Ans: 29th. --the June has 30 days).
(ii) If we start with 2 lilies on 1st june when will be the pond be full with lilies.
Ans: 29th June.
4. A lorry starts from Banglore to Mysore at 6.00 A.M,
7.00 A.M, 8.00 am.....10 pm. Similarly one another starts from Mysore to
Banglore at 6.00 am,7.00 am, 8.00 am.....10.00pm. A lorry takes 9 hours to
travel from Banglore to Mysore and vice versa.
(ii) A lorry which had started at 6.00pm will cross how many lorries.
5. A person meets a train at a railway station coming daily at a particular time . One day he is late by 25 minutes, and he meets the train 5 k.m. before the station. If his speed is 12 kmph, what is the speed of the train.
Ans: 60 kmph. Refer--Shakuntala Devi Book.
7. A theif steals half the total no of loaves of bread plus 1/2 loaf from a backery. A second theif steals half the remaing no of loaves plus 1/2 loaf and so on. After the 5th theif has stolen there are no more loaves left in the backery. What was the total no of loaves did the backery have at the biggining.
8. A gardener plants 100 meters towards east, next 100 meters towards north,next 100 meters towards west. 98 meters towards east, 96 meters towards north and 96 meters towards west, 94 meters towards south. and 94 meters towards east and so on. If a person walks between the trees what is the total distance travelled by him before he reaches the center.
Ans: |---------------| | | | | | | | --------|- | ---------------------| -.
9. Long division: example: 1089709/12 ?
ANALYTICAL 4 question---40 marks; 40 minutes;
1. There are four women and 3 men. They play bridge one
night. Find widow among them. Rules:
1. ------ + ------ vs ------- + ---------
Ans: Refer Problem 21. Mind Teasers by Summers.
2. There are 5 peoples; few of them speak true, few of them false. Identify them.
3. & 4.th problems on Venn diagram.